Sunday, April 4, 2010

Headed Home

On Sunday, March 7, 2010, we were discharged from the hospital and able to come home with Lane. He passed his hearing test and looked good at his discharge appointment with the pediatrician. His jaundice levels were a little high, but not high enough for them to make him stay another night. They told us to bring him in the next day to be checked again and we would go from there. My blood pressure was still acting up all night the night before we were to go home, so I was worried they would make us stay another night. Kyle was fine with that if it happened...I think he enjoyed having the nurses there to help if we needed it and liked the free food from the cafeteria! My blood pressure ended up being ok, so we cleaned ourselves up, dressed our little guy in his going home outfit and headed to our house with our newborn!

Getting dressed to go home. This outfit was the only preemie outfit I brought, and it fit him like a glove. Good thing I brought something small enough for him to wear! He weighed 5 lbs 6 oz at discharge, and his bili level was an 11.



Dressed to impress and ready to go home.

He looks so tiny in his carseat!



Daddy putting the car seat in the car. He drove extra carefully on the way home!

I rode in the backseat with Lane.

Scout meeting Lane for the first time. Already licking!!!!

And now the fun begins...


2 comments:

Lainey-Paney April 6, 2010 at 10:23 AM  

Oh congratulations!
He's beautiful!

Lainey-Paney April 6, 2010 at 10:24 AM  

PS. This is random, but I thought of you when I saw a thing on snapfish. You can make your own albums at snapfish.com & they had one with a baby elephant motif.
Made me think of that painting.
:)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP