Thursday, June 4, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday-Office Edition



This week's room for "Show Us Where You Live Friday" at Kelly's Korner is offices. Our office is the ONE room that my husband Kyle decorated! He had some say in the rest of the house, but the office was all him. He is a sports FANATIC, so all of his office has a baseball/football/Texas Longhorn theme. He graduated from UT and is proud of all of his longhorn memorabilia!

Here is the view of the office from the doorway.

We LOVE our office. The desk and all of the shelving was already built in when we moved to our house, and Kyle has so many books and DVD's that it was easy for him to fill the shelves.



This is the view from the windows at the front of the room. The map above the TV was a Christmas gift to Kyle last year. It was one of my favorite gifts I have ever given him.

Here is a close-up of the map. It is mounted and framed on foam board and came with the little pins to push into the places you have been. Kyle loves to travel and has been so many places. He has visited lots of places in the U.S. as well as some of Europe. I ordered the map from Exposures in case anyone wants to know!

This wall is dedicated to Kyle's alma-mater and includes his degrees, a panoramic picture of UT's football stadium, and a framed tribute to the 2006 Rose Bowl when Texas beat USC. Kyle was able to go to the game and saved his ticket and some pictures from the game, as well as the Sports Illustrated cover featuring his favorite player Vince Young.
In all of Kyle's travels he has been able to visit lots of Major League Ballparks. He has collected an 8 X 10 photo of all the ballparks he's ever been to. He will get to add 2 more after our trip to NYC this summer! Soon we will run out of room!

And that's it! Head on over to Kelly's Korner and check out all of the other offices!

9 comments:

Heather June 4, 2009 at 10:33 PM  

Love your office and I love the built in's! Love all the sports stuff too!! Y'all have done a great job, thanks for sharing!

tiarastantrums June 4, 2009 at 11:20 PM  

AMAZING built in area!

Cody Jean June 5, 2009 at 9:07 AM  

I love that you husband has his own special momentos in the office. We had to turn my husbands office into the playroom. :( The map is a really cool touch.

Caroline June 5, 2009 at 11:24 AM  

I love the map. Such a great idea. I alos never thought about putting my dvds in my bookcase. Great idea!

Roeshel June 5, 2009 at 5:59 PM  

Great office space! Love that desk! So organized! I'm planning on doing a map too!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend June 5, 2009 at 10:38 PM  

Great office....love the pictures...
Enjoyed reading your blog today. I am still finding my way around blogland....I always love making new friends..I am posting about Disney so hope you will stop by. Commenting automatically puts you in the drawing for the June giveaway.

Ashley June 6, 2009 at 4:57 PM  

I am drooling over your built-ins LOL they are amazing!! Thank you so much for sharing.
-ash-

Lynn June 8, 2009 at 12:36 PM  

Love the built ins! How nice that it was already there. :) My husband & I are baseball fans as well and something we plan on doing is visiting the different Major league (& some AAA) ballparks! Recognized a few of them, of course the one on the right, 4th down (Minute Maid, home of the Astros) is where we spend a lot of time. Go 'STROS! Sorry, I digress ...

Very nice room with your husband's memorabilia!

Courtney June 8, 2009 at 10:19 PM  

Great room. I love the work area and shelves!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP