Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Baby L.C. - 12 Weeks

On September 10, 2009, we went in for our 12 week check-up with Dr. Hernandez. He got started with the sonogram and said everything was looking good. He showed us all of the limbs and the baby was moving around a lot! At first it was just sleeping and we saw it's profile. Then it's little arm started moving and from then on it was never still! Dr. Hernandez surprised us when he said "I think I may know what you are having if you guys would want to know." With it only being my 12 week appointment I was really shocked that he was saying this! He kept quiet for a minute, just looking around, and then asked if I thought I knew what it was and if I had been having any dreams about what it was. I told him no and that I had no clue, but that at my last appointment there was a pink pacifier on the ground right by my car door and I took it as a sign. :) He started laughing and said, "well, I think you may be having a little boy." Kyle and I were looking at each other and smiling and both of us said "Little Lane!" Dr. H said not to go painting the room blue, but that he was about 80% sure it was a boy! We will see if he is right when we go back on October 6th!!


This picture is the baby's profile and it is laying on it's back. This was the first picture when the baby was being really still.


This one is kind of hard to tell anything, but the baby is head down and it is looking right at the camera. The dark places are the eyes and mouth! It looks to me like he/she is smiling a little!

This last one shows one of the hands when it was waving at us!

After our appointment we had to decide if we were going to tell anyone because it was so early and he wasn't 100% sure. I decided I couldn't keep it in for a whole month, so we decided to have an early "Reveal Party" with our parents and family. We had them over that Sunday and Kyle cooked ribs and mom brought the side items. Kyle whipped up some "special" cupcakes and I iced and decorated them. The surprise was that when they opened the cupcake wrapper and took a bite, the cupcake would be either pink or blue.

Here are Kori, mom, and Claire opening their cupcakes. Scout was excited to see if she was getting a sister or brother!!



Or maybe she just wanted a bite. ;)


Danny excited to see blue!


Proud parents!
Here are the cute cupcakes

Baby boy blue!!
Who knows? If the doc is wrong, we may need to whip up a batch of pink cupcakes soon...

4 comments:

Tiffany September 22, 2009 at 11:23 PM  

Looking forward to seeing you this weekend. We can compare tummies!!!

Lainey-Paney September 23, 2009 at 6:57 AM  

How cute are y'all!?
Love the cupcake idea.
Congratulations on your boy.
Being a boy mom is sooooo much fun!

{And I'm super partial to the name Lane! I think it's FABULOUS!}

~Laine

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm September 25, 2009 at 10:08 AM  

Soooooooooooooo cute! I swear, I'm going to steal all your ideas, they are so adorable! :)

And congrats on a possible Lane Coots! ;)

Brittany Hope October 26, 2009 at 10:34 PM  

Yay!!!! Your cupcake photos are beautiful too!!!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP