Thursday, May 27, 2010

Papa John

4 years ago today one of the most important people in my life passed away. My dad was the most caring, loving, and funny man I know. He would do anything for me including driving around looking for me if I was out too late, waking up early to start my truck before school so it wouldn't be too cold, and attending every sporting event I competed in. He always showed me he loved me to pieces and was so very brave in battling his horrible disease. This year's anniversary was extra difficult because all I can think about is how proud he would have been of Lane. It breaks my heart to think of all the fun things they would have done together and how much "Papa John" would have enjoyed being around him. But I am comforted in knowing that he is in a better place, free of the pain and suffering that came along with ALS.

Today Lane wore his most special outfit. My mom had this onesie made with one of my dad's old ties sewn on it and gave it to me in the hospital the day I had Lane. I have been waiting for him to fit into it, and what better day for him to wear it than on the anniversary of dad's passing! I came right home from school and dressed him up in it. He was grinning a lot and so happy. I know my dad was looking down as pleased as ever. Lane looked so precious!

I love you, dad.










2 comments:

Lainey-Paney May 31, 2010 at 12:18 PM  

That just might be the sweetest-bestest-thing in the whole world.

stacehunt June 3, 2010 at 1:28 PM  

I work with your mom and she sent me the link to your blog so I could read the Papa John post. How thoughtful and meaningful that you and your mom are able to honor your dad in this way!! Thanks for sharing this special moment with everyone. And Lane is PRECIOUS!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP