Sunday, January 24, 2010

Thelma Jones Elementary Baby Shower


On Thursday, January 21, 2010, my school hosted a double shower for Tara Taylor and me. Tara and I are due only a month apart and were excited to have our baby shower together! It was held in the library after school.


Here are our cakes!



Tara and I with our cakes.

All of Lane's gifts! The office staff gave me the umbrella stroller I registered for, and I also got some gift cards, my boppy pillow and cover, a sleep positioner, and lots of cute outfits and bibs. Kyle's mom Claire came and gave us our baby monitor, and my mom gave us the cutest elephant humidifier and a little dress coat for Lane to wear next winter! It looks just like the one my dad used to wear with his dress clothes!

One of my favorite gifts was a painting that our art teacher Nicole Conques painted for me. I saw an elephant painting at a boutique in Dallas the day after I found out I was pregnant. I hadn't even told anyone I was expecting yet, but fell in love with it and decided I wanted it whether the baby was a boy or a girl. I printed off a picture of the painting and bought a large canvas, and Nicole was able to reproduce the painting perfectly! (saving me some major $$) It looks so cute in the nursery!!


Tara, Jane, Me, and Stacie. Our second grade team is great! I love working with these ladies!


Showing off our bellies! Tara is due February 26 and I am due March 23.


Me with the Grannie's!

These handmade burp cloths are so cute! One of our fourth grade teachers made them for me.

Wash rags!

2 comments:

Lainey-Paney January 29, 2010 at 9:40 AM  

Awwww!
LOVE the elephant painting!

The Belangers January 29, 2010 at 12:43 PM  

SOOOOO cute! I love homemade gifts! That elephant painting is amazing. I'll bet Lane will treasure it. :) I can't believe LAne will be here so soon!!! ahhhh! Can't wait to see all the beautiful pictures you'll take of him!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP