Tuesday, December 29, 2009

28 Week Update

Today marks the start of my 28th week of pregnancy! Hello 3rd trimester! I thought I would start documenting a few stats from now on so I can look back and see what was happening and when.

28 Weeks


Total Weight Gain so far: 12 lbs
Belly Button: In, getting a little bit flatter
Stretch Marks: None yet!
Cravings: Fruit, especially apples and mandarin oranges.
Sleeping Situation: So far so good, no problems falling asleep or staying asleep! Still waking up 1-2 times a night to use the restroom.
I miss: Sleeping on my stomach and wearing my hoodies. None of them are long enough to fit over my belly anymore!
Annoying symptoms: Very itchy skin, occasional leg cramps, and just last week I started getting what I think is acid reflux or indigestion. I have never had any of this in my life, but late at night I have started feeling a burning lump in my throat and assume that it is acid reflux.
Exciting news this week: LOTS!
1. Last week I was laying on the couch watching a movie with Kyle and Lane was kicking a bunch! I lifted my shirt and noticed that my whole stomach was moving! There was a huge lump to the right of my belly button and then the left side of my stomach started twitching and my belly button started moving all around! It was crazy! He is definitely getting bigger and more and more active!

2. Kyle and I went to Babies R' Us on Monday during his lunch break to register for some big items. Mom and Kori will be going with me to register for all of the little things later this week. Kyle and I picked out our stroller, pack n' play, swing and bouncer, monitor, and a few other things. We also bought our nursery furniture and it should be delivered in the next week! Here is a picture of the furniture:

3. This morning I went in for my glucose tolerance screening. I was dreading this because I had heard such horror stories about the juice I was going to have to drink. It was orange flavored and actually didn't taste that bad. I am not a good "chugger" and had to finish the bottle in 5 minutes, so it did make me gag a few times, and I felt a little nauseous while waiting to have my blood drawn, but I did fine. Glad it is over and hopefully the test will come back ok!

4. I had my 28 week appointment today and it went well. I didn't get a sonogram, but I did get to hear the heartbeat. Dr. H said that at 28 weeks the baby will most likely be more active than he will ever be. He said that Lane is taking full advantage of being able to move around because there is still room in my belly. He said as the weeks pass, he will slow down a little because he is getting cramped! That explains why I am able to see so much movement going on on the outside of my stomach! I go back in another month and then will start going every 2 weeks.

Here is a picture of me at exactly 29 weeks (taken a week after I posted this.)

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP