Thursday, May 7, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday

Kelly's Korner is having "Show Us Where You Live Friday" and this week's focus is living rooms!


This is the view of our living room from the front door. We got our living room furniture as a wedding gift from my mother in law. Look closely and you can see our dog Scout laying on her blanket on the couch. :)


Kyle and I used a wedding gift card to buy the painting above the fireplace. I got the vases on the mantel at Ross and the lantern is from Hobby Lobby. We needed something above the TV and my sister gave me the idea to take out the glass of the frames and put iron crosses and keys inside. I love the way it turned out!
This is the view from the kitchen. Scout is making an appearance again by the coffee table!
This is probably my favorite part of the living room. My grandpa gave me the old print box above the sofa table. We put trinkets in the tiny boxes that are meaningful to us.

Here is a close-up of the print box. Kyle and I started to collect small items from all of the vacations we have been on. The tiny replica of "David" is one of my favorite items! There are also items that belonged to our parents and grandparents, such as my grandpa's Army ID bracelet in the bottom right hand corner, and one of the bells from my grandmother's bell collection.

And since I missed out on last week's "Kitchen Edition," here are some pictures of our kitchen!

This is the view from the garage entry/laundry room.


Here is the fridge and our ovens and stove. The plate on top of the fridge was one of my favorite wedding gifts.


The kitchen looks into the living room. I REALLY wish that those cabinets weren't there so I could see the TV while cooking and washing dishes, but since our kitchen is so small, the cabinets are one of our only places for storage.


This is looking at the kitchen from our small dining room.
And here is the breakfast nook. The wine rack on the left side was a gift from one of the groomsmen in our wedding. We love it!


11 comments:

Caroline May 7, 2009 at 10:30 PM  

Your place looks adorable and cozy! Thanks for sharing.

Melanie May 7, 2009 at 10:47 PM  

Love your home! Great taste :o)

Heather May 7, 2009 at 11:34 PM  

Cute Cute living room!! You have great taste and do such a great job!! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown May 8, 2009 at 12:15 AM  

LOVE that print box. How special is that? You all are a beautiful couple!

The Semi-Domesticated Mama May 8, 2009 at 1:10 PM  

I love your house. It just feels like a home. Beautiful.

Pam Bowers May 8, 2009 at 2:30 PM  

I think you have a lovely house. Love the print box and also the idea with the frames. Cool that your names are almost the same.

FiDesigns May 8, 2009 at 3:47 PM  

I love your beautiful space!

Annie May 8, 2009 at 9:56 PM  

You have a beautiful house.

Have a nice weekend.

Sar(Mrs.Teddy) May 8, 2009 at 11:38 PM  

What a nice house! I love all your little decor touches & think the pritn box with all the little "stories" and "memories" inside it really special.

The Allison Family May 9, 2009 at 9:00 PM  

I know this is random, but I linked to your page from Kelly's Korner. Just thought I would say, "I love your name!" My daughter's name is Kyla (she's 7 1/2 months old)and everytime I say her name to someone, I get a strange look as if they've never heard it before. I know it's different, but it's simply beautiful. And for Pete's sake, it's not Kylie. Also, my sister loves Jack's...your little Scout is too cute.

M.E. May 10, 2009 at 12:53 AM  

Just came here from the tour! We have the same sofa set, love Ashley's! Also, my parents had a similar printer drawer and they also displayed vacation mementos in it!
Love the painting, great colors!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP