Monday, August 9, 2010

I ♥ Faces - "Surprise!"

This picture showcases the biggest surprise of my life. (And my husband's!) Kyle had just left for a 10 day long trip to Yellowstone National Park when I found out I was expecting a baby! I took a couple of pregnancy tests just to be sure, but when the digital kind read "Pregnant" I knew for sure! I was soooo excited and couldn't wait to tell Kyle when he got home. I took this self portrait with my camera in my hand pointed at me. It took a couple of tries to get it just right, but I came up with this photograph. I had it printed with the words "Surprise! Love, Kyla and Baby L.C." (We had already picked out 2 names for a boy or a girl that both started with an L.) I kept my little secret for 10 days until he returned and was thrilled to give him a gift of this picture and a tiny Texas Longhorn onesie. He was surprised to say the least! Now we have our bundle of joy- Lane Austen Coots, who was born last March on the 5th.

He was the best surprise ever!





7 comments:

Cheryle August 9, 2010 at 4:57 PM  

what a great picture! and what a fantastic surprise!

Anonymous August 9, 2010 at 5:28 PM  

Aw, what a great memory!

Shawna August 9, 2010 at 5:34 PM  

Babies are the BEST surprise ever. LOVE the pic!

Unknown August 10, 2010 at 1:58 AM  

absolutely precious!
jody
http://www.peapublishing.com

fowler August 10, 2010 at 9:19 AM  

AWESOME!!!

Danielle August 10, 2010 at 7:05 PM  

Great picture! And Congrats from one Longhorn to another!! Hook 'Em!!

amy August 13, 2010 at 9:10 PM  

I love this, Kyla!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP